The sample data is included to help to learn about the app’s functionality, but you need to connect it to your store to use it
Click the link at the top “Connect your data“:
Provide URL to your store without any extra path, just the domain.
To get an ApiKey you need to do the following:
1. Log in to your Magento Admin
2. Go to the System -> Integrations
3. Click Add New Integration
4. Add integration info: Name, Email, Password
5. Add API – select all
6. Save the integration
7. You will be presented with a screen with 4 fields containing some keys. The Access Token field is the field you need.
8. Or, click the Edit button of this new integration and copy Access Token
For Magento 2.4.4+ there might be required to enable OAuth Access Tokens, Configuration > Services > OAuth
The third required field – Load Data From – gives the opportunity to choose the month to start the uploading from.
Note! Due to the PowerBI limitations for the initial data load, we can’t tell for sure what time period can be shown without failing. Try to start with the smaller period and enhance it as it goes smoothly. If the report fails to load, decrease the time period.
Give it some time to import all the required data from your store. It is stored in your Microsoft account for your Power BI user and is not available to the app vendor in any way.
Based on the number of orders you have, this process can take 30min up to 2 hours.